Financial Officer - Maternity Leave – 3 to 4 days per week from January 2019 to February 2020
3 to 4 days per week from January 2019 to February 2020
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position will be responsible for participating in the Finance team decision making. Provide timely reports of month-end results, financial analysis and respond to inquiries as directed.
- Prepare and process producer payments for program assistance funding and update payment registers;
- Process monthly administration billing for various programs;
- Assist in organizing and implementing registration for the AGM;
- Provide support for annual internal audits by providing information to auditors;
- Prepare HST rebate returns;
- Ability to manage small agreements contracts with minimal supervision;
- Perform monthly reconciliation of accounts, sub ledgers and related system generated transactions;
- Work cooperatively and collaborate with the Chief Financial Officer, Executive Director, Program Managers and program partners;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree/College Diploma in Accounting or Business Administration with a minimum of two years recent work experience in financial accounting;
- General knowledge of Canadian GAAP;
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision in a team environment;
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills as well as written and verbal communication abilities;
- Proficient in a range of software packages, to include but not limited to Sage Accounting and Microsoft Office;
- Intermediate skill set in Excel would be an asset to the position;
- Valid driver’s licence for occasional travel.
1 Stone Road West, Guelph, Ontario
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
OSCIA is an equal opportunity employer. Find out more by visiting ontariosoilcrop.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance, but only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.